temporary shower in garage

Users who are viewing this thread

pamtho

Reaction score
We are having hardwood floors put in through out the house, so have to relocate a shower to the garage near location of old washer hook-up and drain. What kind of shower pan and pump will I need to "pump-up" the shower drain water? Washer stand pipe is about 3 1/2 feet from floor level. This is only about an 8 week fix for the temp shower. Have access to 1/2 bath that will not be effected by the flooring job. Many thanks.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Unless your garage ceiling is unusually low, I would cut the washer stand-pipe as low as possible and install a temporary shower raised above the floor just enough to allow for a trap and let gravity take the water away. Or, talk with someone at an RV parts house or marine dealership about a flat-bottom gray-water tank and small discharge pump you can set next to a shower on a platform at least as high as the top of the tank or possibly even with the shower right on top of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks