temporary power pole

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by toolguy504, Jan 19, 2008.

1. toolguy504

toolguy504 DIY Junior Member

I am putting up a temporary power pole and I would like to know if the conduit going from the meter pan up to the weather head has to be rigid metal conduit or can it be rigid EMT conduit or Schedule 40 conduit. Also does it mater if the weather head is metal or Schedule 40. Thank you.
    Earl
  2. Chris75

Chris75 Electrician

I would check with your local Power company, they may and usually have their own request along with following the NEC and any state amendments....
  3. BrianJohn

BrianJohn DIY Senior Member

Not sure if your utility has any special requirements, but in our area temporary services use SEC* cable and plastic weather heads. IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY as the saying goes.......................

*service Entrance Cable.
  4. brownizs

brownizs In the Trades

All that I have seen, are wired as if it was on the house (Weatherhead, Meterhead, Main Breaker Outdoor panel, and either 3-conductor #1 or #2, or Conduit depending on the regulations in the area.
  5. Chris75

Chris75 Electrician

If I was doing the job I would just use SEU, but it really depends on where you live and what is acceptable...