Temporary dishwasher installation with no sink possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

LaneH

Reaction score
We're remodeling the kitchen and put in new cabinets. The sink we want won't be available for at least another month. My old double sink is too big to use until we get the new sink. I'm tired of paper plates, washing dishes in the bathroom, and eating pizza three nights a week! Is there any way to hook up the dishwasher without a sink/disposal installed? Like maybe adding some pipe above the p-trap and making a high loop into that. I don't want to flood the new cabinet but it would sure be nice to at least have a dishwasher. Thanks!

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Sure use an air gap if required or a high loop. Just pipe it to a P-trap with reducers. Always read the dishwashers instruction book also and follow their instructions.

LaneH

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the input! I've never used an air gap. So I was planning to loop the dishwasher drain high and then down to the p-trap. Does the pipe above the p-trap need to be reduced so it is an air tight fit with the drain hose, or can it just slide in loose like the clothes washer drain tube? One more question, I have two p-traps...I assume I would want to use the lowest one. Do I need to seal the other one and do they make a cap to fit p-traps?

LaneH

Reaction score
Okay thanks. I'm not at home so it will be later tomorrow before I can get the picture posted (assuming I can figure out how to post a pic!).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks