Temperature change in my shower head

Users who are viewing this thread

joey_1984

Reaction score
When I run my cold and hot water taps the temperature is all set just right, then when I turn the shower head on the temperature changes to freezing cold so I have to shut the cold water tap to almost off, then when I shut down the shower head I have to turn the cold water back up to where the temperature is just right. i have to do this everytime I use the shower. What might be the problem. Also this is the only problem in the house with water, there are no issues with the sink faucets. Any answers would be great.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
If you leave the shower on when the cold water comes out does it warm up to temp? Sounds like water is clearing from the shower head line. What kind of valve? Who put it in? Is the head directly above the valve or remote?

joey_1984

Reaction score
Yes it do warm up but I only have the cold water tap just on enough to say it is running, and if i turn it up or down just a slight bit temp in the water changes really fast to wicked hot or cold. I do not now what kind of valve is in the shower because I bought the house as is. All I can tell you is that I put a new detachable shower head on because of the temperature change everytime I use the shower, so I don't get scald or freeze to death LOL. Also there are two faucets, one cold and one hot. keep in mind to that after I shut down the shower and let the water run I have to turn the cold water tap back up to where I first had it at the beginning to get the right temp again, because if not the temp of the water would be to hot. That is why I changed the shower head , so all I have to do is turn the shower head face down so I do not have to keep adjusting the cold water tap. I hope this help, I want to try and get this problem fixed so I can have a nice shower in comfort.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I think your problem is in the valve body cartridge. When you turn the shower head the backpressure must be changing. Valve bodies that have temperature control or just worn lose parts on the cartridge are moving and the hot or cold water gets blocked until you close things down and turn the water flow back on.

Let us know if you found your problem!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The thing could have a press fit, and isn't made to be taken apart.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks