temp change

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by kefuss2, Oct 1, 2009.

1. kefuss2

kefuss2 New Member

what can cause my water temp to change instantly while taking a shower, no body else in the house turns on any water nowhere
  2. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

Hot to cold or cold to hot?

And what type of shower valve? A single handle or 2 faucets?
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  3. kefuss2

kefuss2 New Member

hot to cold and then back to hot,, about evert 10 to 15 seconds it changes,, your takin a hot shower and cold water hits you all of a suden, then back to hot,,, it has a 2 handle faucet,
  4. CountryBumkin

CountryBumkin New Member

Bad point-of-use water heater?
  5. Cass

Cass Plumber

While it could be quite a few things...

I am going to guess that you have a temp and or pressure shower valve that is not working right...that would be where I would start looking for a problem...unless you are having the problem else where in the home...