Telescoping Pot Filler

Users who are viewing this thread

FMcCracken

Reaction score
I have a client who is getting a cooktop installed on/ in an island countertop. One compromise he's made for the island location is that he won't be getting a pot filler. The wall mounted units fold back so they are fine for cooktops along a wall. However, with an island cooktop, the deck mounted units always stand out as towers. I get that the folding feature is unavoidable, but has anyone seen a unit which telescopes into the countertop?

Before starting to invent one, I figure someone else has thought of this and come up with a solution.

If designing one is in order, any ideas where to get a mechanism which can lower the shaft of the pot filler into the base cabinet? I figure the feed to the pot filler (below the countertop) will be a flex connection/ braided hose.

Is there a Code issue?

FM

grohe-pot-filler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are at least a few manufacturers that make automatic lifts for things like flat screen TVs that you might be able to make work. Is there a sink on the island? Had you considered just using a tall valve with a pull out handle and hose?

FMcCracken

Reaction score
I am looking at robotics too! Scissor lifts seem to be too bulky. Looking at some interesting worm gears and some hydraulic options. Lots to learn. This investigation has its own vocabulary.

Considered the pullout faucet. If installed towards front of cooktop, it'll be in the way. If at the back, it'll be hazardous to access while cooking. Deck mounted retractable option is ideal. It'll take some design engineering and so I thought maybe someone else has already done it. Invention #6279.

Frankie

John Plant

Reaction score
I have a client who is getting a cooktop installed on/ in an island countertop. One compromise he's made for the island location is that he won't be getting a pot filler. The wall mounted units fold back so they are fine for cooktops along a wall. However, with an island cooktop, the deck mounted units always stand out as towers. I get that the folding feature is unavoidable, but has anyone seen a unit which telescopes into the countertop?

Before starting to invent one, I figure someone else has thought of this and come up with a solution.

If designing one is in order, any ideas where to get a mechanism which can lower the shaft of the pot filler into the base cabinet? I figure the feed to the pot filler (below the countertop) will be a flex connection/ braided hose.

Is there a Code issue?
Yes in a sense there is such a thing! :) at least there is a telescoping faucet and I'm sure you could go from there with either your own adaptation or with the manufacturers help!
FM
this HTML class. Value is http://www.kitchenan

Is there a Code issue?

FM

Is there a Code issue?

FM
Yes there is something similar made by: Blanco of Germany. A telescoping faucet at least! I hope the link works as this is about my third attempt to post a reply with pictures. I was able to upload one not so great picture but the better pics are too large for the site.

Attachments

• 03901508.jpg
    03901508.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 179
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks