Tee into supply lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Coach606

Reaction score
Two questions:

1) I need to tee into my copper supply lines in the basement and then send it up to my new attic bath. I have a good spot picked out to tee in. How do I measure and cut for the tee? Do I just mark the new tee and then subtract 1/2" for the tee to fit over the existing cut pipe? How do you pros do it?

2) I plan to run 3/4" copper upstairs, then have it branch off to 1/2" lines for the two lavs and the toilet. I may keep it 3/4" for the shower if the shower valve is 3/4. I have a unique situation in that I will have a separate filler for the tub (iron cast, freestanding) and then a separate valve for the shower (one of those kohler ceiling tile shower heads).

is this a good plan? 3/4" up with 1/2" lines to each fixture, then 3/4 inch to the shower and tub lines?

Thanks.

Prashster

Reaction score
I know you want a pro's advice but...

I'd do it like you propose.
One bit of advice from an infrequent solderer: If you don't have enough play to get the tee on, then loosen some straps on the lines. If you still don't have enough play, then you can cut a large (~6") section out of the pipe and make an insert with a tee, pipe, and hubless coupler. The hubless coupler will eliminate the need for any play.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks