Technetic 1000

Users who are viewing this thread

rpansing

Reaction score
I just moved into a house in Pharr, Texas, that has a Technetic 1000 water softener installed. It wasn't connected, and the water was set to bypass. I'm trying to find a manual or some kind of instructions on how to use this system. Also, is this a good system? It appears to be in fairly good condition, but the house was unoccupied for more than a year.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I just moved into a house in Pharr, Texas, that has a Technetic 1000 water softener installed. It wasn't connected, and the water was set to bypass. I'm trying to find a manual or some kind of instructions on how to use this system. Also, is this a good system? It appears to be in fairly good condition, but the house was unoccupied for more than a year.
I used to sell the 1000. You probably wont be able to get any model specific parts for it, like the timer, injector or distributor tube.The 1000 was sold from the early 1980s into mid/late 1990s when Autotrol finally gave up on the 1000 valve and went to the 169 control valve, which may be the 269 today but both were used for the Avantapure line of softeners.

Plug it in and see what happens, if the display is dead, I wouldn't put any money in it.

rpansing

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. I have plugged it in and the display does light up. I was able to set the time of day, but beyond that, I'll have to order the manual to know how to set it up. I had a Culligan water softener about 15 years ago, and don't remember doing anything but adding salt. Obviosly, this is a much more sophisticated system.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
No consumer Service manual will tell you how to program the timer on the dealer side of the computer.

A dealer with a master manual would have to tell you how to get into that side of the computer, and I do not remember how but IIRC, there is a hidden button somewhere on the timer but I don't recall how many seconds etc. you must hold it in or other info on it. But uasually a softener that is bypassed or unplugged etc. doesn't work because there is something wrong with it.

Steve1

Reaction score
Technetic Factory Reset

I just moved into a house that has a technetic 1000 water softener installed. Recently my son was pressing a bunch of the buttons on the display and now the clock shows the time of day, but the two colons between the hours and minutes are separated. The top colon is next to the minutes and the bottom colon is next to the hours. This isn't the main issue, however, the softener doesn't advance the gallons remaining number automatically anymore either. I was wondering if there was factory reset method that I can try in order to get the softener to default and I can reprogram it again. I know the unit works, because it was working fine up until that moment where curios hands got a old of the control board.

Thanks,

Steve.

Steve1

Reaction score
That's fine, I have all the settings for the salt/ft3 the hardness and all of that. Right now the unit is worthless if it isn't going into automatic state. There has to be a way to revert it back to original factory settings. If it can go into this crazy mode, there has to be a way to get out of it. I also have downloaded the tn1000 manual and doesn't say anything regarding this mode in it. I am assuming that this is a programming mode that is available to installers only and that only an installer manual might shed some light on the subject.

Steve.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
any photos of the control?

I know that on some of the controls like the Clack WS1 holding 2 buttons in at the same time can get in to another programing level. On the Fleck SXT there is going to a time point to start.

The Old Fleck 6600 had that hidden buttom... pain in the butt.... but each has a way of getting to the programing.. With out the master programing chart it is going to be harder. Then the other challenge, even if you can get into program it, will it hold the programing?

I wounder if the control can be changed out with a non digital control.

One reason I like the Fleck 3200 control..... Simple!

Steve1

Reaction score
Take a look at this snapshot that I have of the control head from the user manual. I will try to get a digital image of my control head when I find my camera in all the moving boxes. Taking note of the colons on the pic how they are stacked on top of each other, mine are offset so I know that this control is in some programming function. You are also right that it was a two button press that got into that mode, but which two buttons that is the question at hand.

Thanks,

Steve.

Attachments

• tn control.jpg
    tn control.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 4,478

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If I had to take a shot,

Enter and time set for 3-5 sec.

Then the question, which one to step through the levels of the program , and which one to push to set numbers at each point.

Resetting to the factory defults might be a plus.. if the water is not that bad, then that might work.

None of the tech manuals that I have collected over the years have any thing close to what you are dealing with, looks like none of them either made it to Alaska or lasted long enough for me to end up working on and snaging a book.

Steve1

Reaction score
Program Mode

Ok,

It appears that pressing time and enter gets into some sort of program mode. The display shows 9900, then pressing any button underneath any of the numbers cycles through numbers 0-9 and letters like a u, and an upside down u and a c and a reverse c and the lower case t, and also a black display. I don't know what any of those mean or how I can get back out of this mode. I tried pressing time and enter again, but the enter button only turns on or off the PM indicator on the display.

Steve.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
pressing the “Enter†and “Time Set†button simultaneously for 5 seconds gets you into a master programming mode. This may allow you to reset the control, but you will then have to reprogram. The manufacturer of your control (Autotrol) joined with Pentair Corporation

Steve1

Reaction score
I was able to get into the master program mode

What do I do in this mode. Peter, do you happen to have the steps needed to reprogram the unit? Once I enter into program mode the display shows 9900. I can press the buttons beneath any of the numbers and it changes them pressing the enter button turns the PM indicator on or off. I have no idea how to exit this mode either, I have to just unplug the unit and plug it back in to get it back to the messed up clock that I described earlier with the split colon.

Regards,

Steve.

Steve1

Reaction score
Technetic 1000 Programming Tips

Can Anyone tell me what the steps are to reprogram the technetic 1000? I tried posting the same question on the pentair forums but I wasn't getting any responses.

Thanks,

Steve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks