Taping Can lights

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
I got two can lights at Lowes, they have the metal cord running back to that rectangular box. In the box they have little boxes that the black, white and ground come out of. So I hooked my two lights up with some cable and inserted the black in the little black square, white in white square and ground. You don't have to put electrical tape on those as well do you? It looked safe inside that little box. Sorry I don't know the name of those little connectors.

CodeOne

Code Enforcement
Reaction score
These are called by some companies pushwire connectors. This brand is by WAGO.

If you stripped the insulation properly there is no reason to tape.;)

wago.jpg

Attachments

• sf_pushwire-connectors.jpg
    sf_pushwire-connectors.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 265
Last edited by a moderator:

Iminaquagmire

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I think you're referring to the Halo lights In-Sure connectors. You just strip half an inch of the insulation and insert it until it bottoms out at the end of the connector. As long as there is no exposed wire outside the connector, no tape is needed. If there was exposed wire, I'd redo the connection rather than tape it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks