Taping Can lights

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by coopns, Aug 2, 2009.

1. coopns

coopns New Member

I got two can lights at Lowes, they have the metal cord running back to that rectangular box. In the box they have little boxes that the black, white and ground come out of. So I hooked my two lights up with some cable and inserted the black in the little black square, white in white square and ground. You don't have to put electrical tape on those as well do you? It looked safe inside that little box. Sorry I don't know the name of those little connectors.
  2. codeone

codeone Code Enforcement

These are called by some companies pushwire connectors. This brand is by WAGO.

If you stripped the insulation properly there is no reason to tape.;)

Attached Files:

3. iminaquagmire

iminaquagmire DIY Senior Member

I think you're referring to the Halo lights In-Sure connectors. You just strip half an inch of the insulation and insert it until it bottoms out at the end of the connector. As long as there is no exposed wire outside the connector, no tape is needed. If there was exposed wire, I'd redo the connection rather than tape it.