tankless with added small tank wh -

Users who are viewing this thread

hondochica

Reaction score
Posted previously in Tankless forum - still need help - reposting here.

I have a Tagaki tankless wh. I don't know the model # off hand. My Tagaki needs a flow rate of 3/4 (three-quarters; not 3 to 4) g/m to kick on. I have a small 1100 sq ft house; and yet, I still go through about 1.5 gallons of cold water at the kitchen sink (about 2 ft from wh) and 2.5 gallons at the tub (about 15 ft away) waiting for hot water. I am thinking that if I add a small 5-10 gallon tank water heater inline I would not wait so long for hot water at the tap, and conserve water also.

Now - the tankless has provided sufficient hot water for me; I live alone. However - I am moving out and renting to a family of 4 and am concerned about sufficient hot water supply. Will the addition of a small tank meet the needs of this family? They will be running a washing machine - which I do not own (do not need), and probably the dishwasher - which I also never used. They understand that they cannot run washers and showers at the same time!

I found a nice diagram here: (from fine homebuilding - you've probably seen it) http://www.chandlerdesignbuild.com/files/fhbDecJan08.pdf Would this setup work? I don't quite get the setup on the last page. I kinda like the idea of heating the water in the tank via the tankless! Not sure I need to add a recirculating line to the faucets - such a small house and heaters are centrally located to kitchen and bath.

Also - I have asked 4 local plumbers for an estimate and have gotten Nowhere! no one is interested (capable?) and one guy tried to suggest that a small tank wh would cost me $1000 - Not! How do I find someone to do this? could I do it with my local handyman?

Thanks so much for your help!

kelly
so cal

hondochica

Reaction score
really . . :( . . no ideas out there? Got 32 reads . . . I'm on my own here?? did I engage in some faux pas? can't find a plumber to help and got no help here . . . . . sigh . . . I must have really pissed off the Universe . . .

Thanks at least for reading . . .

Kelly

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks