tankless water heater with tank supplement

Users who are viewing this thread

camner

Reaction score
One of the issues with a tankless system is the so called "cold water sandwich."

I'm intrigued by the idea at the end, which is to install a pump between the tankless and the tank so that the tank is filled by the tankless heater when the thermostat on the tank indicates that it needs to have hotter water. See "The Fix: problem #2" in the PDF)

I don't understand the plumbing diagram for this, though. It appears to use 3 inlets into the tank, when I think there are typically only two.

Has anyone tried anything like this out? Or even if not, to explain how the pipe diagram would work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
It appears they removed the TNP valve and relocated elsewhere. This looks like a tremendous investment ... I can't imagine the payback time for this set-up.

Chris8796

Reaction score
I would agree with 99k, they removed the TNP valve. They also disconnect the heating element from the tank, so its a storage tank w/o a heater. All of the heating is done by the tankless.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks