Tank not filling after flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Philipe Sanchez

Reaction score
I've just replaced the fill valve, float, and supply line on my toilet.
I live in a condo (not sure if that changes anything) and I have never worked on a toilet before.

Everything is connected fine and there are no leaks. The tank will fill when the supply line is first connected. Once I flush, I can hear a sound as if someone abruptly turned off the water and the tank won't fill. If I loosen the supply line and then tighten it again (so it doesn't leak) the tank will fill, but then stop again after being flushed.

The supply line is on hand-tight, and just a slight bit (about a quarter to half turn) more with a wrench.

For the full picture just in case, the fill valve I got is a bit too big, so the lid can't actually be put back on. We're going to have to return it and get one that is a better fit. The supply line is a braided flex line.

Am I missing something? Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Philipe Sanchez

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast responses!

@cacher_chick it seems not

@Smooky I've attached a few pictures. Sorry about the angle inside the tank. That's the best I can do because of the counter above.
14856548918472040253985.jpg

1485654936763-1369626553.jpg
1485654965249-540221043.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
A regular flex connector will set you back a couple of dollars.

If after you install it your problem persists, write back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks