Taking Apart Old Threaded Brass Pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dlipter, May 6, 2013.

1. dlipter

dlipter New Member

I have a threaded brass pipe assembly that's maybe 70-80 yrs old (3/4" pipe into a 1.5" Reducer Tee) that I want to take apart. I scraped off the old hardened pipe dope and wire brushed the exposed threads to get a good look at the condition and it looks great. Can I expect to unscrew the connection easily without problems? This is the main feed to my house and I want to avoid any damage to the Tee Fitting Threads.
  2. asktom

asktom Member

Threaded brass pipe will come apart easily.