System won't shut off

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Yarbs02, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Yarbs02

Yarbs02 New Member

I have a system, not sure what brand, was already here when I bought the house.
    Went to get setup for the spring/summer, had to replace the PVB. Got that all squared away, turned the system on for the first time, ran through zone 1 cycle just fine, zone 2 cycle didn't have as much pressure, then shut off zone 1 came back on and won't shut off unless I close the water valve to the system. Reset the timer, unplugged the timer, turned water on, zone 1 came on, sone 2 is not on at all...

Need some help to figure this thing out...
  2. mike1059

mike1059 irrigation tech.

it sounds like the zone 1 valve needs to be rebuilt or replaced. I usualy see this problem when a diaphram goes bad or a lot of debris has got into the valve.
  3. Yarbs02

Yarbs02 New Member

For those of you that might have the same problem here's what I did.

I took the cap and diaphragms off the selnoids and blew them out, made sure there was no debris stuck inside and made sure they got a good seal... Tried the system again... Everything works fine.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Pretty much that is what we would have recommended!