Symmons Temptrol tub and shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Sepschooler

Reaction score
I am looking at the Symmons Temptrol Model S-96-2X. I love the "user interface", that you can use to adjust the pressure, the temperature, and whether it is set to tub or shower. Plus, the graphics are just really cool!

On two websites, I've read two reviews, possibly by the same person, both by plumbers who say it is their favorite one to install and that it never has any problems.

On this website, I have seen a few posts with questions about them, but as a layman, I felt VERY out of my depth, and unable to use the information in the posts to make a decision.

My question is this, do any of you prefer to put this one in? What are your views on it? Do any of you recommend it? If not, can you suggest a reasonably priced, all-metal alternative?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You can count me as one of the plumbers that likes the Symmons Temptrol...
The only time I would not recommend one is when you have water quality issues that corrode brass...

symmonsvalve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks