Symmons Shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

dwheelie

Reaction score
Hi, I replaced my Symmons shower valve. Everything is tight, but I am getting a tiny water drop (you can see it in the pic) every 15 min. Seems to be coming from under the rubber seal.

Also I am getting a drop coming from the screw (also in the pic).

Can you help? How do I stop these? Thanks

also, I realize I am missing the packing nut.
do you know how tight the packing nut needs to be tightened? I have adjusted it back and forth, but still see the drip off and on.

dwheelie_symmons.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I saw the photo on the other site, and yes you need a packing nut. It is tightened by feel. Too tight, the valve won't turn. Too loose....it leaks. Use waterproof grease or silicone grease on all the moving parts.

dwheelie

Reaction score
Thanks, sorry, here is the pic again.
Yes, there was some grease that came with the new valve. I will get more and reapply.

One other thing Ive notice that the valse turns very tight even with no 'packing nut'. Will it loosen up?

attachment.php

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks