Symmons Shower Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Popa_Omero

Reaction score
Our tub faucet has been leaking and I set out to rebuild the thirty year old Symmons Temptrol controller for the tub and shower. I could not get the seats to the valve out as they were frozen in place. I cleaned the faces of the seats as best I could with emery cloth and installed a new temperature stem cartridge. I also replaced the diverter valve as the tub faucet always ran quite a bit of water even when the lever was put all the way in the shower position.

After the repairs, the faucet leaking has stopped. However, I can now only get 94 degree water out of the shower. I checked the adjusting screw for temperature control and it is adjusted all the way to maximum hot. (Our hot water temperature measured 109 at another faucet.) Additionally, the water that runs into the tub while the shower is being used, is as much or possibly more than before despite the new diverter valve being installed.

How do I fix this short of replacing the entire shower control - which I would do but I would have to rip out a counter and a wall to do so.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks