Symmons Allura shower mixer - faint water flow from shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Em Ron

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a Symmons Allura shower kit with mixer, shower head etc.
The shower kit is pretty much the same as the shower/tub kit it seems, just with a plug for the tub outlet.

I installed the body (sweat), connected hot and cold per the instructions etc, put the valve in.
I turn on the water main. As expected at this point, the water doesn't come out (no leakage either).

When I turn the shower valve, only faint water flow comes out of the shower head pipe.

I tried replacing the spindle. Same exact result.
I wanted to see if the water can flow without the spindle.
I turned off the main, then unscrewed the spindle from the cap, and I put it through the other end of the cap. I screwed the cap back on to the body. So now the spindle is not inside the body, but the body is sealed from the valve end. I turned the main on and there it went - the flow was strong as I would've expected.

I am at a loss with what the problem could be. Seems like the spindle is not working well with the body. Would really appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks for reading.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks