Swine Flue

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
They are all leaving Mexico and heading north...this traveling group just went by my house....

2195158028_6d5f19c242.jpg

Cookie

Reaction score
We don't want em, put em on a rocket and send them to space! Let the aliens deal with em.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
I don't know how that lightning got there.
What do you propose the govn should use?
A course on actual vs. perceived risk.
". . .that people will accept risks 1,000 greater if they are voluntary (e.g. driving a car) than if they are involuntary (e.g. a nuclear disaster)."
So far, the likelihood of you or I getting this is about equal to being hit by lightning (not that shown, of course).

BTW, I used to have hair like in the photo, but not quite that long.

Regarding Mr. Hodgkins, I've heard that you are supposed to hate and confront him, every single day. You're probably already doing that.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
We're at level four guys.

Phase 1: No viruses circulating among animals causing infections in plumbers

Phase 2: Animal influenza virus causes infection in plumbers, and is considered potential pandemic threat

Phase 3: Influenza causes sporadic cases in plumbers, but no significant electrician-to-remodeler transmission

Phase 4: Verified plumber-to-electrician transmission able to cause forum-level outbreaks. Significant increase in risk of a pandemic

Phase 5: Plumber-to-remodeler transmission in at least two sections of the forum. Strong signal pandemic imminent

Phase 6: Virus spreads to another forum. Global pandemic under way

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
With your particular immune system, your conditional probability
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_probability
for having problems with this latest public health problem is higher than for other people.
In the link, B is the state of your immune system and A is the likelihood of having a problem with this latest set of bugs.

I guess for peace of mind you should buy the masks. . .? And the certificates on my wall have, so far, prevented walrus attacks.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
We're in Phase 5.

Still, let's not worry too much. Any well-stocked bar should be able to combat a flu. I normally start with two glasses of red and if that does not make me feel better I bring out the big guns...a single malt.

mcrandi

Reaction score
scientist are busy finding solutions to destroy or to control it spread, this is a very serious condition which all of us have to be considered about

Cookie

Reaction score
Now that it has been a while since the start of this, and Canada I heard has pigs with swine flu, what is everyone's opinion on it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've heard you don't catch it from pigs.

Eypt killed their pigs, even though there were no cases of the flu there.

And no way to catch it from a pig.

Cookie

Reaction score
I wonder though, how did the pigs catch it?
:confused: in Canada? Where's Frenchie when you need em...:p

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks