Sweating toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

MaryAnnKacz

Reaction score
Getting ready to start a complete bath re-do. House is on slab, have a problem with sweating toilet. When I first bought house, did not have a problem with toilet. Had an older toilet in it. Re-did bathroom 20 years ago, have had a problem since. Bought an American Standard with insulated tank, tank was too deep to fit rough in. From what I read, I only have 2 other options. Buy an foam insulation kit to install in tank, or have a mixing valve installed. Any other options? If not, which would be a better solution? Right now I have a 10" rough in toilet, which I hate. Plumber was waiting here and had to run and get toilet and wanted to be sure this one fit. Now I don't know if any 12" rough in I get will fit. Does anyone know which toilets have a "low" 12" rough in?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Measure from the bolts holding the toilet down to the finished wall...that is the toilet offset. Some 12" toilets will work with a little over 11", but you need to check their spec sheets to find out.

Sometimes if the flapper valve is leaking, the constant running of water into the toilet will cause it to reach really cold temperatures. Fix that, and it resolves itself. A tempering valve will solve the problem.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks