Sweat, braze, pex, ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Olenick

I've got a good memory. It's just short ;-/
Reaction score
Hello All
I am hoping for some education / guidance in the area of hydraulic crimpers for use with Viega copper and other fittings. Are there any forums here that discuss the various crimp styles (circular vs hex vs??), which ones seem to be leading the pack Milwaukee, Hilti, Rigid? Thoughts, experience with, etc.

To you, those that have much more experience then I, I'd appreciate your thoughts / guidance

Thanks

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I own a few Rigid for ProPress copper. I have worked side by side with friends who have Milwaukee. Viega PEX and copper press are absolutely great. Big investment, but, we never solder at all any more except in rare instances.
For extensive use in water supply plumbing most all contractors have the close quarter vari angle kit from Rigid as well. RIDGID 28048
We also own multiple Milwaukee 12V expansion tools for Uponor PEX. Very happy with both brands.
s-l1600.jpg

Mark Olenick

I've got a good memory. It's just short ;-/
Reaction score
Many thanks Breplum! I'm not quite retired yet so I guess I still got some learning to do. Really appreciate the perspective and experience using these new tools. I don't plumb every day but caught the bug and began by working with a master over 40 years ago. First experience was sealing horizontal cast iron waste line with oakum and lead. After that was the first trip for a Boston and "Left hand" sealing clamp.... Worst was the supply house played along too. Any how, thanks for the guidance. All the best Mark

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've only seen the round press sytem on bigger (above 2") copper and the black iron mega press systems. Other than that any copper 2"and smaller is all a hex type pattern of press.

For pex the copper rings and pinch /cinch systems we don't use them. As far as I know most contractors use pex A expansion systems.

Hefty_Bike3290

Reaction score
Hello, Mark;)
Hello All
I am hoping for some education / guidance in the area of hydraulic crimpers for use with Viega copper and other fittings. Are there any forums here that discuss the various crimp styles (circular vs hex vs??), which ones seem to be leading the pack Milwaukee, Hilti, Rigid? Thoughts, experience with, etc.

To you, those that have much more experience then I, I'd appreciate your thoughts / guidance

My acquaintances focused more on practical training during college, so they are more experienced and now they are employed. I used to criticize them for relying on https://essays.edubirdie.com/assignment-help instead of doing things on their own. Now I understand the importance of practice.
Thanks

I would like to mention that I studied at college. However, they don't provide the same knowledge base as on this forum. Here, everyone shares their experiences and knowledge, and it's invaluable.
+I would like to add that Milwaukee is currently my favorite brand.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks