Surface Pumps

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by chefwong, Nov 1, 2012.

1. chefwong

chefwong New Member

Can anyone recommend a very shallow water height water surface pump ?

I have others....
    This pump does not need to be super robust as I'm just pumping it into a *container* in which a Zoeller will be doing the duty.
    Does such a beast exist.
    I had planned to use a wet vac for this application but you would be amazed how fast 5 gallons fill up......
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

3. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The Little Giant pumps with the intake on the bottom will pump down to about a 1/2" from the surface.
  5. chefwong

chefwong New Member

I have a wayne that does the same down to 1/8. The issue is to get it primed and pumping, it wan'ts like 2 1/2" if I recall
  6. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Time to get the jackhammer out and make a pit or buy that shop vac with pump out.