Sure could use some help on pump & tank.

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by dENNIS MEYER, Nov 27, 2012.

1. dENNIS MEYER

dENNIS MEYER New Member

Had well dug it's 130' deep. Trying to figure out what tank & pump system to use. Should I use the old style system with tank that you set the pressue on, or should I use the constant pump & tank system?

The well will be used to water lawns & flower beds for two houses. One house is 275' from the well. One of the houses would like to set up a constant drip system for his flower beds. Does this mean that the pump on a constant pressure system will run all the time? I'm trying to find what is the best system for our use & also which one would have the least pump problem.

Thanks for your help
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Take a look at this link to see how a constant pressure system and a old style pressure tank will work side by side. http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/simple/home.php

Constant pressure can be done using a regular pump and a constant pressure valve, or a constant pressure pump that uses a computer to vary the RPM of the pump. The regular pump and constant pressure valve is inexpensive and will last a long time. The variable speed pump is more expensive and is not known for lasting very long.
  3. dENNIS MEYER

dENNIS MEYER New Member

valveman thanks for the reply. Let me ask you one question. If you was seting up my pump & tank how would you set it up?

Thanks
  4. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

5. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

As valveman says "I would install a Pside-kick"!