Support Straps

Users who are viewing this thread

Fein

Reaction score
I am using plastic strap for pvc drain lines- any pictures (or descriptions) out there of how this is typically done? I'd like to see the good, bad and ugly- so I know how not to do it as well. Most of my lines run parallel to joists. I see the NPC says the supports shall allow free movement. Does this means you should not wrap the strap all the way around the pipe?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
straps

No, it means you do not screw the strap so tightly around the pipe and to the framing member so it cannot move. There are so many ways to do it that we cannot tell you which is best for you, however being parallel to the joists, unless you are directly under one, does present some challenges to make it look "nice".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks