Supply valve issue with Unifit

Users who are viewing this thread

texas1950

Reaction score
Would like to replace current toilet with a Toto Vespin II; however the supply line is centered on the flange. Is installation of Vespin II possible in this situation?

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible - just costs more.

Here's what Toto says about installation:
Water supply must be approximately 8in. or 10in. to the left (facing bowl) from center line of closet flange and approximately 4-1⁄2" above the floor.

So looks like the Vespin II uses the UniFit mounting system - which is a really slick system. I installed a Soiree a few years ago with this same system. I had to move my supply line 6 inches to the left. The best way is to open up the wall and put in new copper or other piping. I took an easier route and used a Sharkbite fitting (so I wouldn't have to solder inside the wall) and used a 6" piece of copper to move the supply to the left, but on the surface of the wall. It's hidden by the toilet unless you really crane your neck, and even then it looks pretty good!

One nice thing about the UniFit system is that once it's in, you can lift the toilet (say, to paint or wallpaper behind it) without needing to clean up an old wax ring, and set a new one.

flange_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks