supply line sizing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by apparentgenius, May 5, 2008.

1. apparentgenius

apparentgenius New Member

Hi,

I am in the process of plumbing a new house with PEX. I have a 1" main coming into the house.

Is there a limit of how many 1/2" fixture supply lines that I can take off of a a 3/4" branch off of the main? My total fixture units on the second floor is 23 made up of 4 sinks,2 toilets, 1 tub, 2 shower heads 1 washer, 1 dishwasher.
    The distance from the 1" supply line to the furthest fixture is about 30'

Any help is appreciated.

glen

http://www.terrylove.com/watersize.htm
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2008
  2. Plumber Jim

Plumber Jim Member

That depends on how your local code reads it. here in Denver you can size it as you would copper. They don't like to see that 3/8 stuff. What is you psi ?
  3. apparentgenius

apparentgenius New Member

Hi Plumber Jim,

The water company says that my pressure is 65 psi at the meter. If that's the case, can I feed all of that with a 3/4" line? I'm planning on using the 1" copper ported manifolds, 3/4" inlets, 1/2" outlets.

Thanks,

glen
  4. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

You should not have any problems with your pressure.