Sump pump troubles

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave3103

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just looking for some advice.
I have installed a "sump buddy" to clear the sump water during power outages. It's just a float switch that allows city water to drive a venturi pump. The problem I'm having is when the float valve is activated the output is no more that a low flowing dribble, if I hold the float valve open and close the inlet ball valve, then open the ball valve - the output is great. This only works when I manually actuate the inlet water supply. I opened the valve assembly and there is nothing unusual, the body of the valve is exactly the same as a solenoid style valve.
I know I should just take the thing back but once this thing is installed it's a real pain to take apart, and I cannot find anything wrong. Possible high pressure locking up the valve?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks