Sump Pump Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Chetwynd

In the Trades
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what kind of bucket and cover (if necessary) to use for a sump pump under a house in the dirt crawl space? Is a regular 5-gallon bucket with no cover OK?

Does the drain line coming out of it have to be sloped down at the end? :confused:

I guess I have to use PVC and not ABS, right?

Thank you in advance!

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
pump

How is the water going to get into the vessel that you are planning to use for your pump ?

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
go to h depot. they sell plastic sump pits and pipes. the ridgid 1 1/2 hp is a good pump. need check valve directly above water outlet

Chetwynd

In the Trades
Reaction score
more...

Planning on digging a hole, burying a bucket flush with the grade, surrounding it with some rocks, putting some holes in the bucket sides and bottom, and running it outside the house...

Unless you have any suggestions?

Chetwynd

In the Trades
Reaction score
zoeller

yeah that setup is OK, but the catch basin is too small. That thing would be coming on every 5 minutes. Needs more capacity, more depth, bigger overall. let me know when you come up with a bigger basin.

SumppumpPimp

In the Trades
Reaction score
chetwynd said:
yeah that setup is OK, but the catch basin is too small. That thing would be coming on every 5 minutes. Needs more capacity, more depth, bigger overall. let me know when you come up with a bigger basin.

Oh we have larger basins 72"x240", :D you just have to let us know what size you want, but I was going on the info you gave in the post (a 5 gallon bucket), I gave you a pkg system that is pretty much the same size as what you posted! Besides, when the pump is in the bucket, it is going to reduce the area to about 3 gallons anyways. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks