Sump Pump Discharge Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Jmaclicious

Reaction score
Hey all, I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba - Canada. We have a frost depth of approximately 6-8 ft. I am having issues figuring out which way to route my sump pump discharge because of where its located is closer towards underneath the stairs in my utility/laundry room. The easiest option would be to discharge it out the back of my house (up straight in the air in between the ceiling joists with a 90 degree elbow and a horizontal about 5') .. only issue with that is one of two things.. a tripping hazard outside as its in the way on the patio between the drive way & the door which is a lot of foot traffic.

Other option would be up straight to the joist (with a few 45-90 degree elbows in order to get around chimney/random plumbing pipes in the way, in order to get over the support beam and then straight horizontal in between the joist and out the front of the house. (I also do plan on removing the chimney one of these days.. just not sure how soon I will be doing that). How many bends/elbows am i allowed to have with this particular pump that states SHUT OFF 18' HEAD.

I have a 1/3 HP Little Giant Sump Pump 6 Series, Model # 506158 http://littlegiant.com/products/wastewater/sump-pumps/6-series/

I have from my sump pit lid to bottom of floor joist is 7' 3/4" roughly. I think my sump pit is a
SABER SUMP PIT MEDIUM 28" X 36" with 54 Gallon Capacity with Perforated holes.
http://www.polywest.ca/2014/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2016-Saber-Sump-Pit.pdf

I will take some pictures in the morning, any advice/suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks