Sump Pump Constantly Running...Weep Hole?

Users who are viewing this thread

amseg22

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've got 1/3 HP Rigid AquaPro with a Diaphragm Switch. I noticed recently that it's been running off and on every few minutes so I checked it out.

Water is being pumped out through the discharge line and through the check valve, but the basin continues to fill up with the water that was just pumped out. I replaced the check valve recently so I don't think that's the issue.

I haven't noticed a weep hole so I'm thinking it might be in my best interest to add one on the discharge line just above the pump.

Thoughts or recommendations? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Adam

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The hole is to prevent the pump from airlocking, it will do nothing to prevent water from coming back down the pipe.

If all the water is coming back in from the discharge pipe, either the check valve is faulty or it not the correct one for the application.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Clean or replace the check valve AND drill an 1/8 or 3/16 hole in the discharge pipe near the pump top. Where is your check valve located in relation to the pump?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks