Sump Pump Brands

Users who are viewing this thread

dew

Reaction score
I have new home and want to upgrade builder installed pump. What brand is noted for its quality, performance, and reliability? I have installed a Zoeller backup. Never thought to upgrade the builder's model. Pump does run every 40 seconds for less that 10 seconds during very heavy rain. Runs much less otherwise.
Thanks for your advice.
Dave

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
Personal choice

I have been using mostly Zoeller and some Hydromatic pumps - they both seem to perform and hold up for my customers. I'm sure there are other very good brands out there which you'll hear about from other plumbers who post here.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Zoeller is about all I will use...and for battery back up the Aquanot 2 by Zoeller is my first choice...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Zoeller and even the one with the integrated switch. The Zoeller I replaced last year was 16 years old and still running, but rusty. Mine runs like yours in very heavy rain, which means that like me you too have a small sump pit (narrow and not very deep). This might make fitting a Zoeller main and Zoeller back up pump quite tight but it can be done and below the recommended sump pit size specs too.

You watch, they'll be the bloke from Zoeller along here in a minute....He posts every now and again.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks