Sump pump alarm recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Rexles

Reaction score
I installed a Zoeller Aquanot Flood Alert a couple weeks ago after a sump pump switch failure and it is constantly giving false alarms so it is now in the trash.
Anybody know of a good alarm to put on that works? I do not have a central alarm system, I just need something to notify with an alarm if the water gets above where the sump pump should have come on.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I found that the humidity in the sump pit can give false alarms. You might try cleaning the probes with WD40 or treating them with Rain-X. What I ended up doing was I ran 3" flex dryer hose from the sump pit to my HRV. It not only keeps the humidity in check but also keeps smells at bay and vents any radon gas that could be under the slab.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
When I had one of those, I put the sensor on the floor just outside the pit.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
My alarm gives me around 4 hours lead time before it overflows onto the floor. Plenty of time to drag out the genset if it is a power failure, or to swap out the pump otherwise. At one point I had two pumps in the pit but I had to stack one on top of the other and so couldn't adjust the on/off cycle like I wanted.

Rexles

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys.
I would like to know before the water is up to the top of the crock. I had a Zircon type that layed on the floor that had 2 contact wires that would make a circuit if it got wet but it also gave false alarms.
I have a Liberty SJ10 installed as a back up system, but just wanted a little extra warning when the electric pump fails.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks