Suggestions for a powered hydronic valve

Users who are viewing this thread

helix3

Sr. Systems Engineer, Biotech
Reaction score
Have rental property and want to control the outside faucet from a hidden key switch so that I can stop over and easily water the flowers and such and not have to worry about the neighbors filling their pool with my hose. There are hundreds of hydronic valves out there that could work and I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with any one in particular remotely controlling a water source.

Thanks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I would check the spec to see if a low voltage valve like a hydronic control can operate at house water pressure. It might not turn.

What about a ball valve with a locking tab for a padlock?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A hydronic valve is not rated for pressure in excess of 30 lbs. It would probably be ok, but if not you can forget the warranty.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

I just saw a "box" that fits over the hose valve and closes it off when it is locked. I don't remember exactly where it was, although it was at a supply house, but an Internet search for locking hose faucets, or hose faucet locks should bring it up.

helix3

Sr. Systems Engineer, Biotech
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. A powered valve is really ideal for my situation. MacMaster has a nice selection to choose from. I'll probably go that route. Thanks!

4868kp1l.gif

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks