sudden drop in water pressure in PART of the house

Users who are viewing this thread

J Love

Reaction score
--PROBLEM SOLVED ~ SEE BELOW SUGGESTION FROM TERRY--
I have had a sudden drop in water pressure in a couple faucets in my house.
Both hot and cold are affected equally.
Does not seem to affect the whole house. Just two sinks. One bathroom sink and an adjacent kitchen sink.
The tub and in the bathroom seems unaffected. Also the outdoor faucet coming off the same wall does not seem affected. Just the two sinks.
There is no leak in the system: I checked the meter and it shows movement when water is on and no movement when the water is turned off.
We had a freeze here recently (seattle area) but it was not a problem until 48 hours after the freeze. It does not seem like the freeze could have been a problem.
Any idea where I should start to hunt down this problem?
I don't even know where to begin except what I've already done.
I guess I would start by unhooking water feeds to the adjacent dishwasher and checking that pressure then on to the kitchen under-sink stubs and then the bathroom stubs. I hesitate to start that just in case someone on this forum chimes in to say "the problem is likely...(?)".
Thanks.
JOHN

Last edited:

J Love

Reaction score
I will happily try that, but the drop in pressure is in two different sinks and happened drastically at the exact same moment, so it seems to me that it would be unlikely that they would both fail immediately like that.

J Love

Reaction score
OK, one down one to go. The bath faucet works great now. That seems such an easy fix! I'm happy and grateful for your suggestion!
What do you supposed caused it to happen to both faucets at that exact same time like that?

J Love

Reaction score
OK, the Price Pfister faucet in the kitchen now works too. Thank you, Terry! Such an easy fix! (I did need to remove and leave out one small part of the aeroator (maybe a flow restrictor or something?). It was clogged up and not able to be disassembled. With all the other screens back in place it all works fine now.
I'm still baffled as to why the same moment each faucet had a simultaneous clog-up. Maybe something upstream was disturbed causing debris to be deposited like that?

Problem Solved. :)

Thanks again!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Lots of things end up on the insides of the pipes. All throughout the system. If there was a fire nearby and the fire department opened the fire hydrants, the high flow dislodges things. If you shut off the water to the house, drain part of it, then turn it back on, it will dislodge things. If there was any construction in the area, some crud could have gotten in the pipes. So, lots of reasons stuff gets there. On a well system, you can get sand, small pebbles, etc., if the level gets low, too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks