submerssible PVC pipe and electrical wire fallen down

Users who are viewing this thread

Salim shah

Reaction score
Hello
Dear sir,
we got a problem that the 1.25" of or PVC deep well with Electrical wire fallen down, which the depth of of well is 180m, fortunatly the pump is connected with supported Cable and did not fall down we want to pull out the sub merssible pump we need to find a good way is it possible to pull it out or not? if yes what is the good way and solution please help us it is apperciated.

Thanks
Salim

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
Couple of questions. What size diameter is the well? What size diameter is the pump? How deep in the well was the pump set at? So this well is about 500' deep? The problem will be the wires that are attatched to the pump. They will get tangled around the top of pump when pulling it out by that cable and cause the pump to wedge inside the casing. If the wires were taped to the drop pipe every 10' so or like it should be this might not be an issue.

Is this well located in afganastan too? Have y'all tried to just pull the cable that the pump is attached to? If that cable held the pump, probably drop pipe is still attached to the pump down in the hole. I would think you should be able to look inside the casing and see the drop pipe. Is the pump set with poly pipe, steel pipe, or PVC? If it is poly you could really have your hands full.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you pull on the cable and the pump is stuck, I would try to fish out the wire before pulling very hard. Like justwater said, the wire can wedge on the side of the pump and you may never get it unstuck. I would use a shaft with several hooks welded on the sides. Drop this hook down the well and spin it in the wire until it snags, then pull and see if you get the wire. The problem with this is the cable. If the cable gets caught instead of the wire, you will have a problem. I don't like cables in a well for this reason.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks