Submersible Replacement cost

Users who are viewing this thread

DJhandy

Reaction score
What is the cost to replace a 1.5 hp pump I was told when well installed: Pump is 275' down and well is 575' deep. I am trying to plan for when the time happens it is 12 years old and is a Red Jacket pump. I am in NW Florida. Is it possible to do yourself or is major equipment required. I know it depends on brands etc but I am trying to figure a cost. Do you have to replace the tank and wiring also? What is a upper brand of pump with a good long service life. Also are the constant pressure things worth having for the cost? Do they cause the pump to run constant when a faucet is on or what? I appreciate any and all inputs. I would rather be proactive.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I can find a 1.5 HP pump and motor on line for about $700. You could figure replacing the pipe and wire, but you won’t know if they are bad until you pull it up. If you want an installed price you can double the cost of the materials you find and add a few hundred bucks on top of that for labor.

Doing it yourself can save a lot of money, but paying someone with the equipment and know how can save your ass. Installing something improperly or dropping something in the well can be very expensive.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks