sub-floor wet vent

Users who are viewing this thread

RehabJunkie

Reaction score
Terry:

Thanks for the help, and advice you give on the forum. I've had to have failing cast iron replaced below the slab floor in a potential retail space. The actual "new" pipes were installed by a local licensed plumber. The state health inspector requested change on one item.

The horizontal drain is 4". The vent, near the water closet, will be a wet vent (only from the lavatory). A wall cleanout (with cover) will be used. The criticism was that the vent/cleanout was 3", and code says cleanout at the end of the run must be the same size as the drain - 4". Therefore the cleanout at the base must be 4", (but can be reduced to 3" going on up the wall, and out the roof.)

My question is:
When changing the wye in the illustration below to 4x4x4, can the 90 degree at the base of the "wet" vent (lav only, no other fixtures) be a standard street 90, or does it have to be long sweep? Vents can be standard, but since this is technically a wet vent changing from vertical to horizontal, does it have to be long sweep? Wouldn't a long sweep 4" 90 be overkill for a lavatory?

Thanks, Daniel

Attachments

• NewWork.jpg
    NewWork.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 543

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It would have to be a long sweep no matter what size it is. You do not show much of the installation, but I might use 2" and install a 4" floor clean out.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It would have to be a long sweep no matter what size it is. You do not show much of the installation, but I might use 2" and install a 4" floor clean out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks