Stupid Bathtub drain question.....

Users who are viewing this thread

UPEngineer

Reaction score
Hello,

I just upgraded our bathroom and I am hooking up the drain system. I have the drain installed into the shoe and into the drain pipe. However, I am having fits with the dang overflow tube.

It is a delta faucet drain assembly and mostly all brass. I finally figured out which way the gasket goes to make sure the overflow tube is straight. The hardware kit included two screws and a clip?? Looks like just a bent wire with hooks at both ends.

The question is how do I install this dang thing? I compress the clip and put the screws through the holes and start them into the overflow tube. But it does not hold to the tub and does not compress the gasket at all. Am i doing this right or is there a trick to it?

Any help is appreciated.

BTW, it does not have any trip lever or anything that goes in it. Just a trim plate. The drain is a foot action drain to hold water.....

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The overflow assembly and gasket needs to be just coming into contact with the tub overflow hole when the shoe is installed. Then you install the 2 screws. You need to cut the piece coming from the shoe into the T until it all fits right.

UPEngineer

Reaction score
so the retaining clip and screws are not used permanently? After I get the correct angle and all, I just attach the trim piece and call it good?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks