Stump the EXPERTS..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Snowman

Reaction score
Website
blizphotos.wordpress.com
Well, I doubt that, however, I've got another question.
When I started installing my new Dalton last week, I thought something was missing. I noticed the small "spout" at the side of the blue "valve" and I thought, "Oh no, they left the small tube and "clamp" to hold it onto what I think is called the overflow.

Notice the two photos here........ Is something missing from the Dalton's parts?? If not, why is the small black tube included with the Fluidmaster and not with the Dalton??
Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• Dalton.jpg
    Dalton.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 415
  • KohlerWellworth.JPG
    KohlerWellworth.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
ixtapa_cathy.jpg
My trip to Ixtapa Mexico, Canon A75​

It's not missing.

Not all toilets use the tube into the overflow.
The Toto that use the ballcock valve don't have the tube,
The ones with the Quietfill valve do have the tube.
Caroma doesn't use the tube either and as I remember, Kohler had a Wellworth some years back that didn't use it either.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tube

Snowman said:
Well, I doubt that, however, I've got another question.
When I started installing my new Dalton last week, I thought something was missing. I noticed the small "spout" at the side of the blue "valve" and I thought, "Oh no, they left the small tube and "clamp" to hold it onto what I think is called the overflow.

If the flush operation is such that enough residual water "falls" back to refill the bowl then it does not need the refill tube. Several models of Kohler toilets use a modified Fluidmaster which has the hole plugged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks