Stump Removal

Discussion in 'Lawn Care/Landscaping' started by bubblegummom, Nov 13, 2013.

1. bubblegummom

bubblegummom New Member

I would like to get rid of a tree stump that is starting to rot and is just a couple feet from the house, I guess mainly because I'm afraid it will start getting a lot of insects. It is too close to the walkway to have it pulled out. I have a container of Hi-Yield Stump Remover which contains potassium nitrite. You're supposed to drill holes down into the stump, 12†deep, then additional holes 3†down from the top of the stump, connecting with the bottoms of the other holes, then pour the stuff in.

I'm just afraid that rainwater or something will cause some of the stuff to splash on the house, and then the house will begin rotting. What do you think?

Loretta
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I like using a stump grinder. They come out with a grinder that will leave the stump below the ground.
    Cover with dirt and you're done with it.
  3. bubblegummom

bubblegummom New Member

Thanks, but it's a couple feet from the house on one side and right up against the walkway on the other. We had a stump in the front of the house pulled out and at that time they guy indicated he couldn't do that one.
  4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Stump grinding is not pulling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb2KSjta21w shows a small rental unit. Pros would use a bigger unit.

[video=youtube;Eb2KSjta21w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb2KSjta21w[/video]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  5. bubblegummom

bubblegummom New Member

Thank you very much for the video! Now I remember. Stump King didn't pull it out, he ground it up. And he said he couldn't do the one near the house.
  6. caretakerplus

caretakerplus New Member

I had some people come out to my home for a stump grinding and tree removal. They did a decent job removing the tree, but when they were finished it doesn't seem like they really grinded the roots out properly, because there is a huge mound left where they removed the tree. Is this something that will level out over time? As its kind of an eye sore right now.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

the nice people at DuPont published a book that taught you how to use their products to solve all manner of problems on your property :)

tree stump bothering you? - not for long

[​IMG]