Studor Vent-Trap question

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a kitchen sink that is not vented, and there is no room to cut in an AAV. Recently, I heard about the Studor Vent-Trap which looks like it is the answer except for two problems. First, it will not handle a dishwasher. Well, I can solve that by a separate AAV vented drain into the basement. However, the second problem is the literature I have read thus far says it can not vent a kitchen sink. Part of that problem is that the intake end of the device is 1-1/4". The outlet end is 1-1/2" so that's not a problem. My idea of solving this is to adapt the sink outlet to 1-1/4" to go into the vent-trap. I would like for some pro advice on doing this. I know how to do it, I just don't know if this would be a workable plan. Please feel free to shoot me down, I have nothing invested yet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hi Gary,
Can you post of picture of what you have now?
And are you sure they didn't vent the kitchen sink when the home was built?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
When my kitchen was remodeled in 1997, I know the vent was removed to put a window in because I removed it. I wasn't too wise about such things then. So I know there is no vent. Not sure if I can get a picture, but I'll try.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes you can come out from the wall with a 45 and miss the sink drain. Then the trap can swing back and catch it. That should add some length there to work with to install a santee and an AAV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks