Stuck with rear outlet toilet - could Duravit Happy D work?

Users who are viewing this thread

david_krill

Reaction score
My condo is stuck with rear outlet toilets. After much searching, the Duravit Happy D d14023 is the only thing I have found that looks modern/stylish.

On the Duravit website on this page under Technical Drawings, there are some diagrams that show where all the pipes go. My concern is that the pipes won't line up.

My existing toilet seems to have a pipe that is centered about 4 inches off the ground (see attached image), but the Happy D drawings show the pipe centered at about 7 inches off the ground. In their drawings, they show that you can set up the pipe inside in different ways. My question is can a plumber angle the pipes so they can connect?

Attachments

• existing_toilet.jpg
    existing_toilet.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 3,838
  • 54084_web_tech_draw.gif
    54084_web_tech_draw.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 2,666
  • 51152_web_prod_normal.jpg
    51152_web_prod_normal.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 3,633
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
This is the connection kit. I don't know many plumbers that would have the right fittings for that to move it 3" in that short of space.
attachment.php

The Happy D uses an in-wall tank.

attachment.php

Last edited:

digress20

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem as the original poster (just in NYC). I haven't found any clear answers on this yet, so I'm hoping someone here can help. The particular toilet I'm asking about is the D14023: http://www.duravit.us/website/homep...overview/series/us_toilets.us-en.html/p-93025.

That model of the Happy D is actually floor-mounted and uses a normal tank (ie, not in-wall). The specs and dimensions (same as original posters) are under the "technical drawings" link.

Would it be possible to install this toilet (with the outlet ~7" from the ground) when the existing toilet's rear outlet appears to be ~4" from the ground?

This is the connection kit. I don't know many plumbers that would have the right fittings for that to move it 3" in that short of space.
attachment.php

The Happy D uses an in-wall tank.

attachment.php

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
duravit

It may NOT be a question of "angling" the pipe up 3", because if your vertical pipe is BEHIND the toilet, the only solution may be to RAISE the connection to the correct location.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks