stuck drain tape

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by stuck, Sep 24, 2012.

1. stuck

stuck New Member

I have a sewer tape stuck in my c/o. I don't think it's stuck very far down but it goes into the slab. Is there anyway I can free it up without having to break open the floor? It is is in there pretty tight and doesn't budge at all. It is the rounded head end that is stuck and it is a 4" iron pipe. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It is probably the attachment that is caught on a sharp edge. You may have to attach a chain hoist or truck to it and force it out.
  3. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

My guess is that you used to small a snake in to large of a pipe and the snake turned onto itself and is rapped-up on it's self.

John