Stubborn Toilet Requires 2 Flushes

Users who are viewing this thread

Gaelic

Reaction score
I think I would address the rim holes once again. clean them out with a piece of coat-hanger. take a look and see if the commode has a siphon hole in the bowl. this can and will become clogged with deposits over time and definitely needs cleaned out also. this is what gives you the oomp in emptying the bowl. it is located opposite the flush hole in the bowl. just my 2 cents.
I can have another go at that, but a plumber did try that 1-2 yrs ago. BTW, this has been an ongoing problem, to which our "approach" has been to depend on out 2nd bathroom for the serious stuff.

Last edited:

Chefwong

Reaction score
Gaelic -

This is Eons ago, but instead of pulling it up, you can try taking 2-3 5 Gallon Buckets, Filling them with Water and just doing a *purge fillup/flush* into the bowl.

I did that eong ago, out of curiousity, and on my intial *dump* of water with a 3gallon bucket of water, I was surpised to see a little tissue paper float back into the bowl when the bowl was empty/clean to begin with. I then proceeded with just a succession of 5 Gallon Inrush Buckets of water, which was like a poor mans jetter....

Gaelic

Reaction score
Gaelic -
I then proceeded with just a succession of 5 Gallon Inrush Buckets of water, which was like a poor mans jetter....
This sounds like something I am capable of. Now... if I only knew what an Inrush Bucket is...

Reach4

Reaction score
I think he means to dump the water from the five gallon bucket into the bowl from as high as comfortable and as fast as practical. The inrush of water may sweep away any obstructions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks