1. plumbtired2

plumbtired2 New Member

Did a bath. Ran all new lines . do not have cold water at double bowl vanity. But when i turn on hot on one of the faucets , cold side on other faucet runs . Do not have any thing looped any where. Off main supply ,to hot water tank then too shower to, vanity. Then on cold off of main supply to shower to commode, too vanity.

Strange .
    ANY INFO THANKS.:rolleyes:

Only thing i can think is cold must be blocked by something. When i turn on hot on one faucet lets pressure off of blockage let,s a little cold water through.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

When you open the hot and cold taps, or if it is a single handle faucet, when you turn it on it a "warm" position, hot water crosses over to backfeed the cold pipes, so that symptom is perfectly normal. But something is keeping the regular cold supply back!
  3. plumbtired2

plumbtired2 New Member

Thanks for the reply . I ,am thinking something must be blocking line :( Open line laid in ditch for awhile.
    Iwill cut line just past commode , see if i have water that far .
  4. plumbtired2

plumbtired2 New Member

Found the problem. Too much glue in a coupling made a bubble dried that way.
    First time that ever. One for the books.:eek: