Strange T connector won't disconnect

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by terrapin, Apr 5, 2014.

1. terrapin

terrapin New Member

Hi,

My house was build in 1988. Under the bathroom sink, it uses a strange T connector (see attached photo) which I don't know how to disconnect. It doesn't have screw. It's not sharkbite type either. The faucet is Moen but they said they don't use this type of connector when I called them. I am stuck. Please help. Thanks.
    tconn.jpg
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

They release the same way a Sharkbite or JD Guess fitting. You push in on the ring and pull the tubing out at the same time. Normally you would have to relieve the water pressure but that fitting does not have pressure inside it. It might work better to fit the jaws of a small adjustable wrench over the tubing and use that to push on the rings, instead of trying to use your fingers, unless they move easily.
  3. DaveHo

DaveHo New Member

I see two issues. First the ring you need to push looks to be corroded to the body of the fitting. You're going to have a tough if not impossible time getting it to compress so the pipe will pull out. Second, the pipe on the left looks like polybutylene piping. That stuff is bad news.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Those "hoses" are valve to spout "non pressurized" connectors, so it doesn't make much difference what they are made