Strange T connector won't disconnect

Users who are viewing this thread

Terrapin

Reaction score
Hi,

My house was build in 1988. Under the bathroom sink, it uses a strange T connector (see attached photo) which I don't know how to disconnect. It doesn't have screw. It's not sharkbite type either. The faucet is Moen but they said they don't use this type of connector when I called them. I am stuck. Please help. Thanks.
tconn.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They release the same way a Sharkbite or JD Guess fitting. You push in on the ring and pull the tubing out at the same time. Normally you would have to relieve the water pressure but that fitting does not have pressure inside it. It might work better to fit the jaws of a small adjustable wrench over the tubing and use that to push on the rings, instead of trying to use your fingers, unless they move easily.

DaveHo

Reaction score
I see two issues. First the ring you need to push looks to be corroded to the body of the fitting. You're going to have a tough if not impossible time getting it to compress so the pipe will pull out. Second, the pipe on the left looks like polybutylene piping. That stuff is bad news.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks