Strange problem with Glacier Bay Kitchen faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by juriggs, Apr 3, 2013.

1. juriggs

juriggs New Member

Whenever I turn on my shower, my kitchen faucet begins leaking. It's not just a drip... it's a stream of water. This is just the hot water... if I turn on the cold water, nothing happens. Also, it doesn't happen in reverse... if I turn on the kitchen faucet, no leaking from the shower head.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm selling this house, and want to resolve this before closing.

Thanks,

Justin
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

WE would have to know the make and model of the sink faucet, so we could decide IF a drop in pressure could activate it. Does the "flow" stop when you turn off the shower, or do you have to do it yourself? Is the faucet mounted to the wall or on the sink?
  3. juriggs

juriggs New Member

The sink is a Glacier Bay model number F8FA0000BNV. The leaking stop when we turn off the shower, But I should've mentioned that it starts when we have the washing machine on as well. The faucet is part of the sink not mounted to the wall.

Thanks for the help!
  4. Seattle2k

Seattle2k New Member

Glacier Bay....check the cartridge and seals. I'm guessing a low-flow showerhead is causing the shower's hot water to feed over to the cold line, of vise versa, and the increased pressure in that line is backing up to the point of least resistance, being the crappy Glacier Bay faucet.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

IT has a ceramic disc seal so it should NOT "separate" when the pressure changes. Since it does, you need a new valve insert.
  6. juriggs

juriggs New Member

Thanks, I'll try that and report back