Strange Kohler Shower Body Valve issue

Users who are viewing this thread

rbf351

Reaction score
from what i've been told this isn't your normal shower issue

When i turn the either the hot or cold water on in the shower, the same amount of pressure comes out no matter how much i turn the knobs, but works normal in the sink. I am also getting very little pressure in my shower which, but am getting normal pressure in my sink which is split from the same line.

I have replaced the valve stems in the bathroom already, and that didn't fix the issue. I'm thinking it would be the shower body, but how could it be the shower body when it's nothing more than a passage way for the water to go?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you sure the knobs are hot and cold? On some of them, one is volume and the other is temperature.

rbf351

Reaction score
i'm 100% sure of that

bedies the fact that you can tell when you turn the knobs, i have opened the wall from behind, and can see the supply lines

also it's 3 knobs

hot, diverter, and cold

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks