Straight into stack?

Users who are viewing this thread

precision80

Reaction score
I just moved into a new apartment in new york city and im trying to redo my bathroom. I was told i can only replace the toilet with a few choices because unlike most toilets, this one plugs directly into the stack of the building (as opposed to what i dont know) or something like this. Has anybody heard of this type of hookup situation? If so am i really that limited with a replacement? Thanks.

Edit- from reading in this forum i think i have a rear discharge toilet? Does this sound right?

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a floor mounted rear discharge toilet. They are available....American Standard Yorkville comes to mind. Your choices will be somewhat limited, and the are pricey.

precision80

Reaction score
yup, ive been readding and it seems that there are very few choices for these. Do you know of any that are the most "modern" looking of them? The only ones i have found are the gerber and yorkville and both are quite big and ugly(in my opinion.) Im looking for a toto look.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks