Stink bugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
My area is loaded with them. I just chased one around my livingroom for an hour now, I think I got him, even though I can't find his body, because it stinks in there. Anyone else having this problem?

God I hate bugs.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
We have the shield-shaped bugs with the tiny heads, when it's warm. They can't fly very well. If you thwack them with your finger they usually die. :D

Cookie

Reaction score
Right but this one was on the ceiling. I guess it could had been kind of funny if it wasn't so late and I was so tired and so annoyed. They fly well enough.

I found them also when I removed the window air conditioner. They just slid right in all over the floor. Not that I don't have enough to deal with now.

This is the first I have heard of "stink" bugs.

Cookie

Reaction score
That is ugly. I was eating lunch when I opened that, and now don't feel well... : )
Mine is black though. Kind of gray, too. I don't know what brought these on. I read where my region is loaded with them and I guess, I was last on the list but they are here. I am watching them right now, climbing on the outside of my garden window.

But, when you do kill them they smell... and I read, that odor brings others. That smell is so awful, it should be used as a weapon in warfare.

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you for the article. I wonder why China and Asia didn't get rid of the problem before they spread it everywhere else. I read about Dawn soap and usually, I have some but I am out of dish soap. So, will be heading to the market.

They are unreal.

Cookie

Reaction score
The boys ( my cats) wants the windows open and since, I can see... the stink bugs waiting to get in, forget it.

You know how bad these things are? They are like a joke. Rodney Dangerfield would had loved them.

I chased one for over an hour the other night. They are not as "slow" moving as one would think. And, they fly better than you can imagine. As you get close to them, you see them crack open their shell of a body and out comes wings! The first time I saw this I was stunned. It looks prehistoric.

I was peacefully laying on the sofa watching some God-awful show on tv when I noticed something black sticking from my crown molding. I got up, thinking, how he would be easy to get. I got the broom and knocked him down and then, he was gone. He was just gone. I searched the floor, the cats helped me in the search.

I figured he was just dead. I started watching the stupid movie again when I saw it on the other side of the wall. I used the broom again, and that is when I saw he could fly. This time, I saw where he flew to. Right under the sofa. Boy, was I mad.

I moved the sofa out, flipped it as well as I could and didn't see him. I got the vacuum and did the floor and the sofa, and the hairy cat.

When all finished I started to watch the movie again, but now it was over. I started to flip the stations when I saw him again. I steadily flipped while watching him never taking my eyes off of where he was going. He went to the back of the room, behind me. So that is what his game is, I thought. I let him think I didn't know he was back there. I reached on the side of me, still flipping the stations and then, when I thought he would least expect it, I whacked him with the broom.

I hurriedly ran over to where I heard his body drop. Yes, you can hear their bodies drop on a hardwood floor. I looked and looked and couldn't find him.

I sat back down on the sofa, my son then came in from work and asked why I was watching the shopping tv station the one which sells "marital aids", and that was when I smelled "that" smell, and knew I got him. I yelled, "I GOT HIM!" My son said, " mom, don't kill the stinkbugs" and left really fast.

I hate bugs, but I really really hate stinkbugs.

Cookie

Reaction score
I was sitting outside on my deck this morning eating my deep fried Snickers bar with a knive and a fork, when a stink bug dropped into my coffee. He sizzled and smelled, and I left it and went inside.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
a stink bug dropped into my coffee
This is definitely an act of aggression and you are justified in using all necessary force to repel the invasion! We don't have it as bad here.

Cookie

Reaction score
I created an invention to get the stink bugs off the ceiling. It was working well until, a little bit ago. Here goes. I took my vacuum and since I am height challenged I got some old parts from other vacuums I found and made a stiff extension which reached from ground to ceiling to 9 feet. It was working well until...

I saw this Stink bug with an attitude.

He was on the ceiling and I was in my glory to get out my new handy-dandy stink bug removal invention which sits in the diningroom ready to go. I yelled to my son, "THERE'S A STINK BUG!" while running for the stink bug zzapper. He sat down and was watching at the simplicity of this. I reached up, put the longest part over him and sucked him in. I shut it off, ran outside with the clear canister and couldn't see him. I emptied it, didn't see him. I came inside feeling defeated knowing he was in here yet. I said, " did you see him?" Did I see who, my son asked...

Yeah.

I am on a mission.

I put the canister back on the vacuum and something is flying, a flying tank, he was flying towards what else? But, my new handy-dandy stink bug zzapper and you could had knocked me over with a feather when he landed on it, turned and looked at me, and without my glasses, I saw him laughing at me.

He was wiggling his butt, his antennas, he was doing a dance of joy and mockery.

His lost his attitude though when ...

I picked up a piece of cardboard and started to swing it, hearing my son's voice trailing off in the distance while he was running.... NO MOM DONT KILL THE STINK BUG!

Too late.

Sure, this place stinks now, son is gone, cats are gone, stink bug is gone, I am the only one here. All that remains is the stink and plans to alter the new handy-dandy stink bug removal zzapper.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Stink bugs. Who needs them. I was in the bath today trying to get some R & R. I poured a glorious amount of bath bubble stuff in the water enough to take over the small room if not careful. I was laying there with my eyes shut, my head back on a soft bath pillow, smelling the aroma of lavender when, I just had this feeling that I wasn't alone. Ever get that feeling? I opened my eyes and what did I see? But, a Stink Bug enjoying this bath too. He was floating on a pile of bubbles and since, it looked like he had his eyes closed, too, I slowly reached over and clicked opened the door and with my hand scooped him and his bubbles up and flicked it out into the hallway.

Next a few minutes later as fate would have it, my son came home and he knocked on the door asking, "Mom, why is there a stink bug laying in the hallway all wet and why does he smell like lavender?"

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
The Stink Bugs continue. I was in Home Depot today after work, and heard a man tell another man that he was traveling down the road and stink bugs started to fly into his service truck. He said, they got stuck in his teeth.

I didn't want to hear anymore. I moved on.

Cookie

Reaction score
For those interested, this might be interesting. My neighbor opened his outdoor garage to get his motorcycle out, and there was over a thousand stink bugs in it. He actually, had to burn their bodies.

I am not lying. I saw it.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Last night they woke me up.
They buzz around and crash into something and then they do it again.
I put a light on in another room but that didn't really attract/distract them too well.

Cookie

Reaction score
They are like little flying tanks.

A new job is appearing in my neck of the woods. I saw a sign offering their services to guarantee to kill your stink bugs.

Mine are finally dwindling in numbers.

Cookie

Reaction score
I am getting creative in killing these stink bugs. One flew in from somewhere, amazing, they are so big these days, like flying tanks. He landed inside my desk lampshade. I was eating yogurt. I finished most of it, took a piece of paper and shooed him into the container and ran it outside. I am sure to the amusement of my neighbors on their porch when I emptied it out into the weeds.

He looked really disgusting laying in there, too. No yogurt for me.

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, here it is a new morning and I got my breakfast trap ( a Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt) all ready to go incase of a uninvited stink bug coming in. I am working and trapping at the same time. :) I am catching these for your platter Red.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks